It's been a crazy-as-hell year:
- My previous employer had an utter meltdown from a transfer in ownership that made most of 2014 an unpleasant and somewhat nerve-wracking experience.
- Job-hunting (see above) taught me no small amount of humility.
- A dizzying number of friends moved on to other phases in their lives and friendships I'd assumed were solid were solid seemed to be shockingly-fragile while others remained just as shockingly solid, if not more-so. People always surprise me.
- The Bike Gods unleashed their wrath upon me for reasons I cannot fathom.
- Some damn good books came across my path ("The Martian", "Tower Lord", "Skin Game", and others).
- I concluded a role-playing game campaign that was a good thirteen years long (give or take).
- Said gaming group lost and gained members. New faces around the table. New dice in the hand. New campaigns going on.
- I got to visit England for the first time in ages.
- Bad habits have started to catch up with me but now I'm inspired to fix them, so there's a silver lining in that cloud.
Whomever you are and where-ever you are, may you have a very happy New Year and may 2015 bring you more good than bad in your life.