Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wherein I pontificate more on stuff

So the Peter Capaldi god-knows-what-number-he-is Doctor's new look has been revealed. I gotta say I approve. Nice callback to the Pertwee era. Capaldi can only rock in this role. I just hope they find writers who can be worthy of his epic level of awesome.



Apparently "Intelligence" is in ratings freefall. I suppose it's not a coincidence that the writers for that show suck...



Here I'm trying to save cash and bag-lunch it at least a few days a week. And I forgot my damn sandwich this morning. Sigh.



Finished "The Crimson Vault" by Will Wight. Goddamn that was a good book! The second half of the story was non-stop awesome. I love the world Wight has built up. The magic system is weirdness itself, but I like the rules behind it. I'm curious to see where he'll go in the third book and what he's got in mind for his heroes.



I'm eagerly and impatiently awaiting the next offering by Anthony Ryan: "The Tower Lord". I've re-read "Blood Song" a few times now and need more. The last author who hooked me like this was Patrick Rothfuss and while I adore Rothfuss, he's so cagey about his status on his third book, I've pretty much just put him in my George R.R. Martin category and assumed I won't see anything for the next eon or six.

No comments: