Friday, January 17, 2014

A Post-Moff Universe

io9 has some speculation as to who might replace Steven Moffat on "Dr. Who". My unsolicited reactions to this discussion:
  • Toby Whithouse: Please god no! "A Town Called Mercy" was unwatchable. "The God Complex" nearly made me claw out my brain with pliers. Just... no.
  • Mark Gatiss: Please god yes! Just... yes. Of the options listed, he has the best handle on the show, hands down.
  • Howard Overman: Um... no idea. Never seen his stuff.
  • Neil Cross: SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS NO! "The Rings of Akhaten" was so awful that I nearly had a seizure. I'm actually undecided who did a worse writing job: Whithouse or Overman.
  • Chris Chibnall: "The Power of Three" was cheesy and weak tea, but it was buckets better than Cross and Whithouse's offerings. He's had weak stuff but goddamn... if the fans like Whithouse and Overman over Chibnall in terms of episode writing, I'm wondering what's in the drinking water these days.
  • Neil Gaiman: No. He should stick to novels. I've not been a fan of his forays into "Dr. Who" and would prefer he go off and do other things.
  • J. Michael Straczynski: OH MY GOD PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!! This man is a god. Only good things would come of this. Only. Good. Things.
And there we have it.

No comments: