Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Review: the Sebenza 21

Been a while since I've gushed and enthused about actual things. I should do something about that.

A while back, life was not going so great. Long story short, I made an extravagant (though - at the time - ill-advised) purchase. I acquired a small Sebenza 21 knife.

Another knife, you say? Yes. Yes I did.

No I don't need another pocket knife. I saw it on a site, fell in lust with it, then kept Googling it as days passed.

I bit the bullet and ordered one about a week or so later.

Buyer's remorse overwhelmed me as I awaited it then the knife arrived in the mail. Any regret I felt was washed away in a flood of exuberant glory.

The Sebenza 21 is truly a beauty. I got the smaller one so as to have fewer issues with local knife laws. I went with the plain, stonewashed handle. So it's stonewashed titanium (I do love titanium) with a not-quite-three-inch blade.

Oh hell. This is what it looks like:



I'm linking to the Chris Reeve site, so hopefully that won't piss anyone off.

The knife comes with a cloth, a wrench for adjusting, and oil all in a nice little presenting box.

And damn is it sharp!

The Sebenza 21 is a popular blade, from what I can see. Best Made offered it for a while and sold out quickly. I've found Knife Art to be a fantastic site and their prices are great.

So shiny...

No comments: