Thursday, November 1, 2012

November Arrives

I woke to the sound of rain. By "woke" I mean "scared witless by my alarm clock".

These are the mornings for Black Blood of the Earth.

And that is the only reason I'm even semi-functional this morning.

Now the countdown begins to culturally-sanctioned gluttony in the form of the Holidaze (Thanksgiving and then Xmas). Mmm... gluttony. I do love that Deadly Sin.

I kind of wish I'd done more for Hallowe'en. It's my favorite holiday, after all. I was, alas, feeling under-the-weather. My costume won an award in the office, but - oddly enough - won "Most Frightening" instead of "Most Glamorous".

I even wore a necktie for my "Braaaaaains Surgeon" costume.

Sadness.

It's my fondest hope that I can get the stains out of my dress shirt.

Um... nevermind. Don't ask.

In other horror news: this time next week we'll have all the election bullshit done.

I'm frankly stunned at the audacity of the lying bullshit coming out of the Zomney campaign and the Teabagger/wingnut klan. The claims that Chris Christie is a closet Democrat sympathizer is pretty boggling. The steaming pile of excrement that are the claims that the auto bailout resulted in offshoring auto production jobs is so utterly dishonest as to defy any kind of reason whatsoever.

No, what defies reason is that this race is so tight in the polls.

I get that people are unhappy with Obama as president. There's a lot of good reasons to be unhappy with him, though I don't hear those reasons in the news (indefinite detention policies, expanding executive power, drone wars, etc.). The economy isn't a valid attack. The office of the President of the United States has limited power to have any impact whatsoever on the economy. It's more limited when you have an obstructionist Congress filled with teabagging wingnuts who couldn't find their assholes with a map.

That said, Romney would be an unmitigated nightmare as President. And that's not counting the zombie apocalypse.

Oh hey! Rage is waking me up! Yay for adrenaline!

No comments: