Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Kicking while down

I had high hopes for Prometheus when it was first advertised. I had high hopes once I saw the beautiful trailers. I had high hopes that this "it's not really a prequel but it's totally a prequel" would be good.

It wasn't. It was gorgeous, but the story sucked ass and it cemented my intention to avoid anything Damon Lindelof has ever touched ever again.

I pretty much put that behind me, then io9 released the original script.

All that anger I felt over how nonsensical and bullshitty the Prometheus story was just came right back to the fore.

WHY? Hollywood? WHY DO YOU INSIST ON FUCKING UP PERFECTLY GOOD STORIES??? WHYYYYYYY?????

Sure this script isn't solid gold, but it was ten times better than the crap Lindelof subjected us to.

The rage has returned to me.

No comments: