Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Shows

Some current televised crack I'd recommend:

"Lost" - yeah, season three bit, especially in the beginning. They got some of their mojo back at the end, but they had a lot to make up for. In season four, I have to say that "Lost" has become great again. Last week's ep with Desmond's time-travel was probably the best one I've seen since the Hatch was first unearthed so long ago.

"Jericho" - when I first saw this, they were in their freshman season. It seemed like another reactionary, 9/11 inspired piece of drivel to me right out of "24" and their right-wing bullshit. They had an interesting and disturbing premise, but it really didn't grab me. And then they brought it back for a second season. Thanks to the writer's strike, I taped the first episode of the new season and... wow. It's like they took Sinclair Lewis's "It Can't Happen Here" and modernized it into a cautionary tale of neocon facism. Good stuff. The acting is a bit sketchy, but the overall concepts are neat. I'm bummed that, in that world, my apartment would be radioactive.

I don't know if I'm relieved or saddened that, aside from Adult Swim and the news, I don't really watch any other shows.

Probably a little of both.

No comments: