Monday, July 3, 2017

Review: TAD Gear Rogue WX Jacket

Came into some spare change. Decided to do a little shopping. So I went out and picked up a Rogue WX Jacket by TAD Gear. I've had my eye on this since the first advert graced my email. I know TAD Gear did another version of their other Rogue Jacket (now called "Rogue RS") and I was intrigued.

The Rogue WX is a waxed jacket, which was the first big difference between the WX and the RS. The Rogue RS is a canvas jacket that's really lightweight. It's perfect for spring and autumn in most places (maybe with a layer) and summers in San Francisco. The WX is a heavier jacket, probably better suited for a chilly Spring day or a cool Autumn day. It's a bit heavy and warm for summers in San Francisco (and far too warm for summers in any other place that has actual weather). It's comfortable and fits well. Still has the various pockets that the RS has. The inner pockets are a tad smaller (pun not intended), but still big enough for a phone, small wallet, or whatever. The zippers are better on the WX. I assume they're the same on the revised RS. All-in-all, it's a nice purchase. The quality seems good and it's going to be nice to bust this puppy out when the weather gets chilly.

No comments: