Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Temporal Confusion

There's a downside to taking a long break from work, then returning to a short work week: it's damn hard to track what day it is.

For the most part, it doesn't really matter to me what day of the week it is this week. My daily obligations are pretty much the same. As long as I don't try going into work on Saturday morning, I ought to be fine.

Some of my co-workers are not so lucky. Case in point: one co-worker was telling us today about his Wednesday deadline to get something before a Friday morning meeting.

There was a moment of silence.

"You mean, Wednesday as in today?" one co-worker asked the other.

"For the meeting that's this Friday?" I chimed in.

There was a widening of eyes. A slight paling of the complexion. And the obligatory "Oh shit!".

Yeah, I'm not the only one having trouble tracking this week.

No comments: