Saturday, July 16, 2016

A year of change and turmoil

So Turkey had an attempted military coup yesterday.

Fucking hell.

Not sure where I would stand on that, really. As I've been told, Turkey's president is a bit of a reactionary, fundamentalist douchebag. That said, military coups have never really been a good thing.

Hm. Hard call there. Glad I don't live in Turkey.

It's been a hell of a year, hasn't it? Change everywhere, from what I can see.

My office is going through insane change with "reorganizations" that have been... well... trying.

Two of my friends lost close family members in the last six months. I saw my own dad undergo fairly serious surgery that had me a worried basket case for a good six weeks of the year.

We've got our own domestic politics in a crazy place. At this point, it's come down to picking Clinton (a dubious choice) or Trump (a crzy-ass fuckwit) as our next president of the United States.

Some scientists say we're past the point of no return on global warming. The TPP is looking like it may actually become a thing, which will fuck anyone not part of the 1%. Everything is looking a mite grim.

There's not much escape in fiction. Most fiction is pretty dystopian or nihilistic. *cough*Game of Thrones*cough*

Hell, even my local brewery is going through changes. WTF is it with 2016?

No comments: