Saturday, November 7, 2015

Review: "Spectre"

Saw Spectre on opening night for the US last night.

In the words of one of my UK friends, it was "Spectre-actular". And I have to agree with her.

Taking place after the events in Skyfall, James Bond finds himself in the midst of yet another super-conspiracy, only this one leads to the evil organization that all Bond long-time fans know of: S.P.E.C.T.R.E.

I loved the film. It was reasonably fast-paced, with solid action and fun. Bond's crew (M, Q, Moneypenny, etc.) got to have some fun this time around and the movie had some familiar faces, especially Andrew Scott (who plays Moriarty on the "Sherlock" series).

Probably my favorite was Léa Seydoux, the "Bond girl". She was a good mix of smart, tough, sexy, vulnerable, and... well... um... sexy. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't totally in-love with her. Well, in-lust. Wait. Where was I?

Oh yes, Spectre. The buzz is that Daniel Craig wants to step down from playing Bond. Certainly this will make a good swan-song, for him.

No comments: