Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Odds and Ends of the brainstem

Had a bacon, bacon, bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato sandwich for lunch today.

Could have used a little more bacon.




Got about a third into "The Providence of Fire" by Brian Staveley and decided to stop for a bit. It's kind of a slog. Lots of misfortune happening to people and folks talking about bad stuff, but not a lot actually happening to move the story along.

Now switched over to "Half the World" by Joe Abercrombie. The sequel to the brilliant "Half a King", I'm already well-in and I just started this morning. I need to pace myself if I want this book to last the week, but it's so good...




Sent by a friend:



I believe no further commentary is needed.




So... this. Seriously. $200 for this thing? It's cool, but $200 cool? I am not presently convinced.

No comments: