Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Obligatory Retospective

So... 2013.

Not a great year. Lots of drama. Some personal, some professional, some just omnipresent and lingering like smog.

There were good points, certainly. It was quite the roller-coaster ride. Looks like 2014 will hold much of the same. Impossible to say if any of that will be a good thing or a bad thing.

However it all goes, I feel obligated to say farewell to car payments (yay!), adieu to so many friends who were part of my life for such a long time, and good-bye to a sibling with whom I had a complicated relationship.

I'm not going to go through the pantomime of resolutions. I'll adapt to 2014 somehow and hopefully better than I adapted to 2013.

Adios 2013 and bring on the new year! I've got a pint in my hand and a dapper hat to face the elements. I'm ready.

EDIT: Oh, and to any who read this, I wish you a very happy new year. May 2014 bring you joy and good fortune while leaving all the bad crap behind.

No comments: