Monday, September 12, 2011

Those Weekend Moments

It's exhausting to try to avoid all the 9/11 insanity.

Seriously.

Don't get me wrong. I thought (and still think) 9/11 was a terrible, terrible crime of epic proportions against the United States. That said, I watched all the crazy, over-the-top coverage back in 2001. I don't feel a burning need to see all that shit again and get drenched in the over-the-top faux-sentimental bullshit that most media outlets serve up in lieu of actual news.

So I tried to keep the television off all weekend long.

I spent a few hours in a local pub, enjoying local beer and tasty, tasty food. I really ought to cut back on that. The food is very, very tasty and the beer is very, very tasty and strong. Neither is going to help me lose weight.

Bah.

It was hard to otherwise stay motivated to do anything at all. None of my books are keeping my attention for very long.

The latest "Doctor Who" served as a lovely distraction for a bit, but the second half of this season isn't exactly knocking my socks off.

Simultaneously, I'm trying to wean myself off of social networking (both Facebook and G+) so that's two less distractions.

I hit a local street-faire but that bored me pretty quickly, though I did get a couple of swanky new hats. Unfortunately, said head-gear makes me look like a goddamn hipster so I feel a burning need to shove my head into a garbage disposal and turn it on when I wear said swanky new hats.

For all that, it was surprising how fast the weekend blazed by.

I suspect the beer had something to do with it.

No comments: