Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ponderances

A friend of mine asked me for a list of science fiction programs I enjoy.

It was harder than I expected to put such together. What I came up with (in no particular order):

* Doctor Who (duh!)
* Blake's Seven
* Babylon-5
* Farscape
* The Invisible Man (the 2000 tv series back when it was the SciFi channel and they aired shows that didn't suck beyond words)
* Red Dwarf
* Fringe

I'm actually at a loss after this. I enjoyed the classic "Star Trek", but it's not something I regularly return to. The subsequent "Star Trek" series have not stood the test of time, in my opinion. They have no place on my list of greats.

I personally can't recommend the "Stargate" series in all its flavors. It just never grabbed me.

I'd recommend the re-imagined "Battlestar Galactica" up to about midway through season three. Then I'd recommend hunting down the writers and producers and beating them.

Beyond that, I got nuthin'.

2 comments:

Schadwen said...

What? No "Misfits of Science" or "Time Tunnel"?

J said...

Um... no. Neither of those shows would ever rate, even as jokes.