Friday, October 1, 2010

Irony, Perversity, and Karma

I'm not a particularly-religious individual, despite having a Roman Catholic background.  I'm ambivalent to the question of God.  Does (s)he exist?  Are we made in God's image?  How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

All of that's pretty meaningless to me for reasons I'm not going to get into.  I do believe that the universe has certain constants:  irony, perversity, and karma. 

Could simply be my particular worldview, though.

Why bring it up?  This week:

* After avoiding someone moderately-established in my life for about thirteen years, circumstances have forced me to look up said meatbag.  Said individual is not picking up for calls.  Payback?  Maybe.  Do I care?  I won't lose sleep over this...

* Having scoffed at the alleged pain of Wednesday's tetanus shot, I find myself experiencing the promised pain this fine Friday morning.  So the delay was not quite two full days.  Nice. 

* In looking for an excuse to bow out of my classes for a while, I took the previously-noted shot to the face that resulted in stitches.  Now I can't attend class until the stitches are removed for fear of complications. 

Whee.

And now October has arrived.  Huh.  This ought to be interesting.

No comments: