Friday, December 27, 2019

Some ramblings as 2019 comes to a close

Not sure if I'll get around to posting to the blog before 2019 ends, so I figure why not ramble now?

2019 has been a hell of a year. Trump is President. Lord knows why. People still support him. Lord knows why.

A new Star Wars film came out. I find myself surprised how little I care. The Last Jedi really did a number on me. I can't work up any interest in seeing any more Disneyfied Star Wars.

Except maybe the Mandalorian. Provided there's a way to watch it without giving the Mouse money for their streaming service. I have no desire to do that.

Game of Thrones ended. Also a disappointment.

Indeed, I find many things in 2019 to be surprisingly-disappointing.

Can't say I'm holding out high hopes for 2020. Looking like things could tilt either way next year and I'm increasingly-happy I don't have kids to inherit the shitshow I expect is coming.

Ah well. At least there's good booze to drink. On that note...

No comments: