Monday, September 16, 2019

Review: The Man Ring Ultimate (v3.0)

I've mentioned the Man Ring before. I think I've also mentioned their v2, though I can't find the post right now. I didn't think it was possible to do more with the Man Ring.

Well, Boone Titanium has proven me wrong with the Man Ring Ultimate.

The Man Ring Ultimate is a beefy bit of titanium that looks a bit like a knuckle-duster on its own. It has an hourglass shape to it to hold its little knife, saws (plural), box cutter (which I guess means it's got two knives, technically), file (!!), pliers (!!!), and tweezers (!!!!). It's even got a little screwdriver on it. The bottle opener functionality, like the V2 ring, is built into the frame of the ring itself. So to open a beer, you've got to deploy all the tools on one side, but that's all good.

The Man Ring Ultimate is surprisingly-useful. Mine is a bit tight with the tweezers, making them hard to deploy, but it's not like I'm going to be using tweezers on a ring very often. The rest of the tools deploy fine enough. I'm glad the Ultimate did away with the little comb in favor of a file.

James Bond, eat your heart out!

No comments: