Sunday, December 16, 2018

Abitrary Countdown Start

Fifteen days left in 2018.

As Xmas looms and the rain pours outside, I'm finding myself thinking back on this year and wondering what the hell 2019 is going to bring.

I started 2018 changing jobs. I'd be lying if I said it was a smooth ride. More than once, I thought it was a mistake and considered walking and trying something else. All said, it's turned out okay so far. It certainly could be worse.

I've continued training in a new martial art. Haven't regretted it for a moment, though I could stand to be a bit more dutiful in attending classes.

I've managed a trip to England and seen more of the north. I got to explore York, including its myriad pubs and winding streets.

I've read a number of books. I've taken time to attend to life matters I've neglected for far too long. Hell, I've started reading philosophy.

My homeland is going nuts and it seems to be getting worse day by day. The planet isn't doing a whole lot better. The icecaps are melting. Climate change is far worse than anyone anticipated. Scientists believe we're going to hit the point of no return in less than twenty years. And the governments of the planet are not responding in time. Hell, in the US, half the country thinks climate change is a myth.

How can all that get fixed? What's the solution to all this? I honestly don't know.

I wonder if 2019 will offer any solutions? I wonder if I can come up with any?

No comments: