Friday, May 27, 2016

Review: "Deadpool"

I took today off from work. Chilled out. Ate a nice, fattening breakfast. Hit a biergarten for lunch. Chill day.

Oh wait, I said I was going to review Deadpool, didn't I?

Yeah, so I finally saw Deadpool. Dunno why or how I missed it in theaters.

No, wait. That's a lie. I know why and how. By the time life calmed down enough for me to even consider hitting a film in theaters, it was too much of a pain in the ass to find one in which Deadpool was still playing.

Fast forward to today. So... yeah.

Reactions: Goddamn brilliant!

Nice opening with the ultra-violence. Fun dose of carnage. Morena Baccarin. Mmmm... Sorry, where was I?

I'm lukewarm on Deadpool in comics. The character concept is campy, but fun. I didn't think they could possibly do a proper Deadpool film. When I heard Ryan Reynolds (who once played Green Lantern) was cast, I was... well, I wasn't super-excited. Reynolds also played Wade Wilson in Wolverine: Origins, which was not a good movie, so... yeah.

I was gratified to find my fears were unfounded. This movie was fantastic. Breaking the fourth wall. Ridiculous villains. X-Men cameos. Guns. It had it all.

And Morena Baccarin.

I cannot wait for the sequel.

No comments: