Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Carbs of the Soul

I'll admit I've been thinking about it for a while.

I finally bit the linguini and became an ordained Pastafarian minister. The certificate arrived yesterday in a plain white cardboard envelope.

I was overwhelmed with joy and shared this with a number of friends whom I'm confident would not immediately attempt to burn me at the stake.

My original excuse was that I thought it would be funny to be able to officiate marriages. A little research revealed that it's pretty easy to do that in my county-of-residence and California as a whole, so it wasn't really necessary.

It added a certain gravitas (gravy-tas?) to the idea, though.

I celebrated the occasion by hitting Pasta Pomodoro for lunch then purchasing a frame for my certificate. It now proudly adorns a wall in my apartment next to an old photo of dogs playing poker.

Yeah. I live life with class, style, and panache.

That's one goal for 2011 down. About a week and a half left in the year to look at the rest of the list...

No comments: