Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Holidaze Begin

Ah, Thanksgiving (aka "Turkey Day"). A time of sanctioned gluttony.

Oh, and there's some "giving thanks" thoughts in the stew somewhere. Or is it in the mashed potatoes.

Mmm... mashed potatoes...

I'm personally giving thanks to the fact that I can now move my arm with a minimum of pain. The ligament damage is healing nicely. I can't use my arm for any heavy lifting, but such is the nature of soft-tissue injuries.

And now the countdown begins to Xmas. Ye gods.

I got some Xmas shopping done yesterday. It's going to be a light holiday. Money is tighter than usual. *sigh*

SyFy channel pleasantly surprised me by airing re-runs of the new show "Grimm". I recorded the four eps and watched 'em back-to-back.

Not bad. The story is intriguing. The main characters are kind of bland, but it's better than I expected. Too bad it airs opposite "Fringe". Though given how this season of "Fringe" is going, I can't say either show is better than the other.

I think I'm mentally-ready for the holidaze madness. Helps to have a local brewery.

Mmm... beer.

No comments: