Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Reporting: January 5

So I didn't win the Mega Millions Lottery.

Yes, I was one of those idiots who coughed up a buck as part of the "tax on the mathematically incompetent" (as one of my old friends once called it).

*sigh*

It's a shame. I could have had a lot of fun with a few hundred million U.S. dollars.

And by "a shame", I mean "F********************************************************CK!!!!!"

Oh well.

Otherwise, I'm working on some actual constructive personal goals for 2011. I want to renew my CPR certification. After I get the credit card down from its current nuclear status, I plan to renew my ACLU membership and cough up a membership for the EFF.

Gotta wave the liberal colors and all that.

I managed to get a P90X DVD set off of eBay for surprisingly-cheap. It remains to be seen if it's authentic (I have low hopes, given the low, low price). If it works out, I hope to incorporate it into an exercise regimen. I wouldn't normally have paid any attention to something like this, but I had a couple of friends get it and they've sung its praises, so what the hell. Might help me in my martial arts.

Or it might collect dust. Meh. We'll see.

I've got a backlog of DVDs to entertain myself with in the meantime. I've taken a break from "Arrested Development" to view some less-uncomfortable stuff. I got a copy of the Japanese flicks Assault Girls and High-Kick Girl for Xmas. I do like movies with kick-ass girls in them.

Assault Girls has easily won for the most boring intro I've seen for a movie short of 2001: A Space Odyssey. I got about ten minutes past the insanely-boring intro and I shut it off to view something else for a while. I think I'll try High-Kick Girl and see how that goes.

Nothing quite like some 90-pound schoolgirl beating the crap out of everyone in a movie for some popcorn entertainment, eh?

Halfway to the first working-weekend of 2011. Lord but this week is slow.

No comments: