Friday, September 1, 2023

What We Do in the Shadows - Season 5 reaction

I just finished "Exit Interview", the final episode of season 5 of "What We Do in the Shadows".

Damn!

I have to admit, I thought season 4 was weak tea. I dared to wonder if the show was getting into a rut.

Then this season happened.

Potential spoiler if you haven't seen season 4:



















At the end of season 4, Guillermo asked his vampire friend Derek to turn him into a vampire. Season 5 deals with the fallout of that while adding "The Guide" as a regular to the cast.

It's been utter genius. Brilliant, demented, and unpredictable genius. I have to say, I didn't see most of it coming when season 5 hit its finale.

I was a fool to doubt the writers. This show maintains its place as the best out there.

No comments: