Saturday, April 14, 2018

Review: Titaner Bolt Pen

Remember how I said I'd never back Kickstaters again? Remember how that was an utter lie? Yeah, that hasn't changed.

So I backed another titanium bolt-action pen, this time by Titaner, a titanium product merchant. The Titaner Bolt Pen is currently fighting with the GP 1945 for my favorite pen. A sturdy, solid, well-constructed pen of titanium (duh), the Titaner Bolt Pen has a unique bolt-action deployment that can be done one-handed by just twisting the cap. On the other end of the pen is a nice, unobtrusive glass-breaker for those "God, I really want to break some glass" moments that everyone has in their lives and, interestingly-enough, there's a little spike-pin tool hidden in the pen that can be used to release SIM cards from phones (or, I suppose, poke things like you might with a tiny pin).

Best of all, the Titaner Bolt Pen can take a variety of refills, from Fisher Space Pen refills to Scheider refills or what-have-you.

I have to say, I'm kinda leaning toward the Titaner Bolt Pen as my current favorite. The GP 1945 is an awesome pen, but I really do like the option of Fisher Space Pen refills.

Oh well. I can always carry both pens!

No comments: