Tuesday, November 28, 2017

A bit of this, a bit of that

I keep neglecting my blog and depriving it of random, incoherent nonsense! Naughty me!

Must correct behavior...

Thanksgiving


So how was your Thanksgiving, fellow Americans? Mine was gluttonous, as usual. Sucks to be back to work. Sucks harder to have Xmas music playing in full force in the stores. The hell of the Holidaze is upon us. Oh well, apparently North Korea's missiles can now reach DC, so I suppose nuclear conflagration and self-destruction may trump (hah!) that problem.


Things Breaking


What the hell is it with misfortune happening in clusters, anyway? First my phone jack in my apartment dies a mysterious death, then my computer chair breaks (maybe that extra slice of pumpkin pie was a bad idea?), then a goddamn storm drain breaks (flooding my balcony), then lightbulbs on the back of my building (including my balcony) burn out (not ominous at all), then my key-holder breaks (causing said house keys to stab me in the thigh - AWESOME!). I swear, if this is related to offending those pagan gods while breaking a mirror under a ladder I'm gonna be miffed.

BART Weirdness


This morning, I swear to the FSM, my BART car smelled like cotton candy.

Do you have any idea how weird that is? On a good day, BART just smells like unwashed train car and possibly marijuana. Most times one notices an odor, it's extreme body odor, feces, urine, or some combination of all those mixed in with indescribable horror.

Cotton candy just isn't a BART smell. I'm really curious what that was about.

A Job Medium Rare


Hah! I made a funny! Get it? Medium rare instead of we... oh never mind. Anyway, I've been deluged with projects over the last few months and actually managed to complete the big one two days ahead of deadline! I'm giddy enough that I am actually mentioning a semi-positive work thing!




Yeah, okay. It sound stupid when I see it written out.

Futility


Few things are more fun than finding out you've spent an hour of your life doing testing on a product by using an unsupported browser. So all those nasty issues you found? That nice, long list of detailed notes? Totally useless.

Yup. Great fun.

No comments: