Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Nice

I'm glad I don't have kids (so far as I'm aware). Especially when I read news like this



My wireless router just crapped out on me today. A Medialink router, it decided to abruptly cease doing what it does in a narrow 20 minute window while I was on the phone. I got back and five minutes before I'm to dial in for a meeting, I have no Internet access at all.

If I believed in God, I'd think that was a sign.

I fortunately kept my old, hard-wired D-Link router and have restored access. I don't have wireless in my apartment anymore, but... meh. It's a small apartment. I can make due for a while.



After some bad news, I opted to hit a brewery for dinner. They had a barrel-aged red on draft. Tomorrow's going to be rough-going. Just sayin'.



I'm almost done re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reading "A Game of Thrones". It's a bit painful to read all the little branch points and bad decisions that lead up to the tragic moment in the book.

No comments: