Monday, January 11, 2016

Review: "The Man from U.N.C.L.E."

Over the weekend, I was loaned a DVD of The Man from U.N.C.L.E., starring Henry Cavill (you know, Superman) and various others.

I don't know how Cavill was in Superman (mostly because I have zero interest in Superman stories) but HOLY CRAP was he good in this!

Actually, everyone in The Man from U.N.C.L.E. was perfect. Everyone. Heroes. Heroines. Villains. Bit characters. It was glorious.

Guy Richie did a fantastic job capturing that whole "1960's in Europe" feel. The multi-screen cutscenes also gave a feel for the tv shows of the time. The dialog was brilliant and the action was solid. I'm astounded the film didn't do brilliantly in theaters, truth be told.

I should look up what it was playing against, but that will probably only upset me.

No comments: