Sunday, March 8, 2015

Review: "Half the World"

Thought I'd commented on this already, but I guess I was wrong.

A week or so back I finished "Half the World" by Joe Abercrombie. The sequel to "Half a King", "Half the World" switches to the journey of young Thorn, a female warrior in a society that doesn't generally tolerate such, and Bran, a warrior who doesn't like killing.

They join Father Yvari (from "Half a King") in his mission to counter the High King's influence and avenge his father's and brother's deaths.

As with "Half a King", this was a fun ride. It's light, for Abercrombie fare, and a quick read. I found myself liking the characters and enjoying their growth as well as their trials and tribulations.

Abercrombie gives us a bigger view of his world, though at a dizzying pace. I have to say I'm enjoying it. I loved the book's easy narrative and mix of old-and-new characters. A fun read. I can't wait for the next one.

No comments: