I've watched the "Doctor Who" opener for the new series' season five, called "The Eleventh Hour" a good four times now.
It's written by the executive producer for this season, Steven Moffatt (the writer of the brilliant episodes "Blink", "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances", and "Silence in the Library").
After four times, I'm still in awe of Moffatt's writing.
He's quickly established a "fairy-tale" feel to the series that I think is a brilliant addition. I was initially dubious of the casting of Matt Smith as the Eleventh Doctor, but his premiere dispelled every doubt I might have had.
And his companion, Amy Pond (played by the beautiful Karen Gilan) seems a good match for Smith's Doctor. A nice mix of wide-eyed surprise (necessary in the Doctor's companions) and competence (also necessary in the Doctor's companions).
The writing in this first episode is a bit more magical and clever than the more heavy-handed premieres of the previous four seasons. I hope they can keep this up in this season 'cause David Tennant's time as the Doctor is a tough act to follow.
I love this show so very, very much...
The Many Downside of Being the Queen
-
Disney movies make little girls want to grow up to be a princess. They have
beautiful dresses, loyal servants, a magical fairy godmother, and they end
up...
2 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment