For someone who takes slacking to near-religious levels, I find I have a very hard time taking it easy. When I have hobbies I enjoy, I have difficulty backing off and letting myself coast away from them. Leads to burnout and/or injury, more often than not.
As I started feeling ill this week, I forced myself to take a break. Minimal time on my email gaming stuff. No martial arts.
After work, I just read a bit, watched TV, and got caught up on sleep (with the aid of Nyquil over the last two days).
It helped.
I think I've pretty much shaken my cold. I feel pretty good this morning.
And that's good, 'cause nerds will arrive soon for gaming. I'm ready for that as well.
Ah, slacking. Is there nothing you can't cure?
The Many Downside of Being the Queen
-
Disney movies make little girls want to grow up to be a princess. They have
beautiful dresses, loyal servants, a magical fairy godmother, and they end
up...
2 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment